Horse Rescue Fund: Horse Loan Scheme
The Benefits of taking a rescue horse on loan
• You know exactly what you are getting as the equine will have spent time being handled/ridden by staff during its period of rehabilitation
• You are helping other horses - By giving a home to one of our equines you are making space for other equines in need.
• There is help, advice and support from our staff 24 hours a day by phone, and during the annual visits if you have any problems or need advice.
• You have a safety net - If the equine you have taken on loan proves to be unsuitable for any reason (although every care is taken to match you both), or your circumstances change, it can be returned, but ideally, we would like to re-home them for life.
• It is a rewarding experience in many ways, as you are giving a horse a second chance in life, a loving home and a 'one-to-one' partnership
Please click either on the image or the link under it, to see a larger image and more information.
To be able to loan a horse/pony/donkey from us you can either email us, or send a stamped addressed envelope to us and we will send you the loan application forms. We will then contact you if we have a suitable equine for you.
We would like all people who wish to loan a ridden horse or pony to come to our yard and ride him/her for several weeks to make sure that the partnership will work. This is due to the bad start a lot of our equines have had in life and to ensure the hard work we have put into their rehabilitation is not wasted. Approved hats, body protectors and suitable footwear must be worn by all prospective loanees wishing to ride.
To make sure that our horses are happy in their new home, one of our staff members will come to visit regularly to see how you are both getting on. As we're a very small organisation, we are limited to how far we can travel, which means we are only able to loan an equine to you if you're within an 80 mile radius of Toft Monks (Beccles, Suffolk).